Over the years, has your skin begun to show unwanted signs of aging, like fine lines and wrinkles, dark spots and age spots, droopiness, and a dull complexion? Dr. Sanders can help you look and feel younger with laser skin resurfacing, an innovative cosmetic treatment that exfoliates the skin, encourages skin cell turnover, and stimulates collagen and elastin production for a revitalized appearance.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Sanders today to learn more about his age-defying laser skin resurfacing treatment in the San Fernando Valley.
Who is a Good Candidate for Laser Skin Resurfacing?
If you are considering laser skin resurfacing to help revitalize your appearance, there are a few things to consider before moving forward with your treatment. Laser skin resurfacing is an ideal treatment for you if:
- You are in overall good health.
- You want to restore a more youthful complexion.
- You want to smooth out fine lines and light wrinkles.
- You desire improved skin tone and texture.
- You want to treat minor facial scarring, such as acne scars.
- You have some skin discoloration, such as sunspots or dark spots.
- You want to treat minimal hyperpigmentation.
- You want healthier, softer, and smoother skin.
- You can dedicate at least one full week to your recovery period.
What Conditions Can Laser Skin Resurfacing Treat?
Laser skin resurfacing is an innovative anti-aging treatment that can treat and improve a multitude of common skin concerns and imperfections, including:
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Skin Discoloration (e.g., Dark Spots, Age Spots, Sunspots)
- Irregular Skin Texture
- Slight Facial Scarring (e.g., Small Acne Scars)
- Uneven Skin Tone (e.g., Yellowish or Grayish Skin Tones)
- Enlarged Pores
In the months following laser skin resurfacing treatment, as your body continues to boost collagen production and stimulate skin cell turnover, you will notice a visible improvement in your skin and complexion. Dr. Sanders often finds that the results of laser skin resurfacing continue to develop up to one year after the treatment.
Erbium Laser for Gentle Skin Resurfacing
Dr. Sanders uses the innovative Erbium Laser for his laser skin resurfacing treatments in the San Fernando Valley. The advanced Erbium laser works by vaporizing skin cells to effectively remove the outer layers of skin and gently heating the deeper layers of skin to stimulate the production of new collagen and elastin fibers.
Compared to ablative CO2 lasers, the Erbium laser uses less heat for faster healing, reduced risks, and fewer side effects (swelling, bruising, and redness) after the treatment.
Before administering the laser, Dr. Sanders first administers anesthesia to alleviate potential discomfort you may experience during the procedure. Next, Dr. Sanders treats the desired areas with the Erbium laser. Depending on the extent of your treatment, it may take anywhere from 30 minutes to one hour to complete.
What is the Best Aftercare Following the Treatment?
Properly taking care of your skin after your laser skin resurfacing treatment is extremely important for fostering optimal healing and amplifying your treatment results. Dr. Sanders will build you a personalized aftercare plan that will likely include these recommendations:
- Keep your treatment area clean by washing it two to five times a day with an enzymatic cleanser provided by Dr. Sanders or Cetaphil® soap.
- After cleansing the treatment area, apply the provided laser balm or Aquaphor® ointment to keep the skin moist.
- Always apply broad-spectrum sunscreen and avoid excessive exposure to the sun.
- Reduce swelling by sleeping propped up on an extra pillow.
- In the first week or so, avoid strenuous exercise, which can increase redness and swelling.
How Many Sessions Will I Need for the Desired Results?
Usually, only one laser treatment is required for an excellent result.
During your initial consultation with Dr. Sanders, he will evaluate your skin and learn more about your cosmetic goals to build a personalized treatment plan that includes the recommended number of sessions you should receive for optimal results.
Schedule an Appointment Today
If you are ready to look and feel more youthful, schedule a laser skin resurfacing consultation with Dr. Sanders today. He is exceptionally experienced at helping individuals in the San Fernando Valley area achieve their cosmetic goals through advanced laser treatments. Call Dr. Sanders’ practice today at (818) 981-3333 to find an appointment time that works for you.