George Sanders is a highly skilled, board-certified plastic surgeon providing years of surgical experience and aesthetic artistry. From his premier Encino plastic surgery offices he offers a wide range of aesthetic plastic surgery procedures. Due to his popularity and excellent results, patients come to Dr. Sanders from throughout Southern California, including such communities as Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Pasadena, the San Fernando Valley, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Marina del Rey, the South Bay, Orange County, San Diego and the Inland Empire.
Born and raised in Texas, Dr. Sanders graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Rice University. He attended Harvard Medical School where he was elected to the Aesculapian Club for excellence in scholarship and leadership. He then completed his general surgery training as the Chief Resident at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where he earned the Leo Rigler Award for excellence in surgery. His plastic surgery residency was completed at UCLA where he studied with a number of well-known cosmetic and reconstructive surgeons. Dr. Sanders is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and American Board of Surgery. Board certification is a crucial factor for patients choosing a plastic surgeon. Dr. Sanders currently lives in Southern California with his wife and children and he is active in church and community affairs. Read more about Dr. Sanders’ education, experience, and honors in his full bio.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery (1986)
- American Board of Surgery (1985)
Professional Affiliations & Organizations
- Co-Director of The Laser Institute at the Medical Center of North Hollywood, 1985-1990
- Chairman, Department of Surgery, Medical Center of North Hollywood, 1988
- Instructor in Surgery, Northridge Hospital Medical Center, Family Practice Residency, 1985-1990
- Case Consultant, Medical Board of California, 1990-1993
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Los Angeles County Medical Association
- California Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- UCLA Plastic Surgical Society
Awards and Honors
- Phi Beta Kappa, Rice University
- Phi Lambda Upsilon, Rice University
- Magna Cum Laude, Rice University
- Aesculapian Club, Harvard Medical School
- Surgical Resident of the Year, UCLA, 1979-1980
- Leo Rigler Award, Cedars-Sinai, 1982-1983
- Named annually as one of Americas Top Plastic Surgeons by the Consumer Research Council
- Certificate for Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Has presented papers at national and international meetings
- Has appeared on CNN, Fox and other network TV programs as an invited expert on plastic surgery
- Board of Directors of The Master’s College and Seminary, Santa Clarita, CA
- Board of Advisors of Oaks Christian School, Westlake Village, CA
- Elder at Grace Community Church, Sun Valley, CA
- Eagle Scout
Encino Surgicenter, A Medical Group
Encino Surgicenter is our surgical facility located adjacent to our office. It was specially designed and constructed for plastic surgery. Most of our surgical procedures are performed here as it is more convenient, more personal, and less expensive than a hospital.
This facility is expertly outfitted and has the technical safeguards of hospital operating rooms. Both Anesthesiologists and Anesthetists provide anesthesia for us. We are a Medicare Certified Ambulatory Surgical Center and are accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF).
Overnight care facilities are available for those Encino and Los Angeles plastic surgery patients not wanting to return home immediately after surgery. Transportation is provided to the facility and back to our office. Professional care can be provided on a 24 hour basis.