Why People Decide to Get Body Contouring
For many individuals, diet and exercise alone are simply not enough to effectively achieve their desired figure. Body contouring is a unique way to sculpt, tone, and transform the body into an individual’s improved version of themselves.
At his practice, Dr. Sanders uses six different body contouring procedures: liposuction, tummy tuck, drainless tummy tuck, thigh lift, arm lift, and mommy makeover.
- Liposuction is an ideal option if you would like to remove stubborn fatty deposits under the skin and smooth out bulges for a more contoured figure.
- Tummy tucks are great for beautifully sculpting the belly and flanks for a flatter, more contoured physique.
- Drainless tummy tucks help you achieve a flatter, tighter tummy but without the inconvenient drains and uncomfortable removal associated with a traditional tummy tuck.
- Thigh lifts are an advanced contouring procedure that removes excess skin and fat from the upper buttocks and thighs to beautifully shape and sculpt the area.
- An arm lift procedure removes loose skin and fatty tissue deposits from your upper arms to create a more toned and youthful appearance.
- Mommy makeovers are perfect if you are a mom and want to restore your pre-baby body. Dr. Sanders is a renowned mommy makeover plastic surgeon and can help restore breast fullness and lift, tighten and tone the abdomen, remove stubborn fatty deposits, and create an overall more youthful figure.
Your Initial Consultation
Body contouring is a highly personalized plastic surgery treatment. Before you make the decision to move forward with a specific type of body contouring procedure, it is best to schedule a consultation with Dr. Sanders for an individual treatment plan.
During your consultation, Dr. Sanders will evaluate your general health status, discuss your medical history (including past surgeries), perform a physical examination, and learn more about your trouble spots and cosmetic goals to recommend a personalized treatment plan.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the body contouring procedures, this is a great time to address them. Don’t be shy about discussing your thoughts and feelings with Dr. Sanders – he is here to ensure you understand all aspects of the procedure and feel comfortable moving forward.
Meet Our Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Sanders is a trusted board-certified plastic surgeon that has helped thousands of individuals of all ages, gender identities, and ethnicities achieve their aesthetic and cosmetic goals.
With almost four decades of plastic surgery experience and an education background featuring some of the most prestigious medical organizations in the world, including Harvard Medical School and UCLA Medical Center, Dr. Sanders profoundly understands how to combine surgical precision and aesthetic artistry for beautiful, natural results.
He is proud to serve patients throughout the San Fernando Valley and is passionate about helping them look and feel their best.
What to Expect From the Procedure
Each body contouring procedure is different depending on the individual’s unique goals and treatment plan. However, you can expect that your body contouring procedure with Dr. Sanders will involve these steps:
- You will be administered anesthesia—either intravenous sedation or general anesthesia—for your comfort during the surgery. Before your procedure, Dr. Sanders will discuss which method of delivering the anesthesia is right for you.
- Next, Dr. Sanders will move through your chosen body contouring procedure(s), such as liposuction, tummy tuck, thigh lift, arm lift, or mommy makeover.
- Once Dr. Sanders is finished performing the procedure, he will close up any incisions with sutures, adhesives, or tape.
Generally, most body contouring surgeries are outpatient procedures, which means you will go home on the day of surgery. Larger procedures such as tummy tucks or thigh lifts are followed by a night at a recovery center. To ensure you feel prepared for your operation, Dr. Sanders will discuss what you can expect on the day of surgery based on your individual treatment plan.
Recovery and Aftercare
Your recovery period is just as important as the procedure itself, as it is during this time that the body is healing and your results are settling into place. Before your surgery, Dr. Sanders will prepare a post-op aftercare plan for you with recovery recommendations and aftercare guidelines. This aftercare plan will include:
- Instructions on how to care for your surgical site to foster optimal healing
- Topical or oral medications you can use to reduce pain and discomfort
- Signs to look out for that may indicate an infection
- When you should schedule a follow-up appointment
Generally, it is recommended that you take at least a few days off of work to prioritize rest and healing, but this depends on the type of body contouring procedure. If you have a specific question about your recovery and aftercare, such as when you can return to your normal activities, reach out to Dr. Sanders.
You’re in Good Hands with Dr. Sanders
A Harvard Medical School-educated and board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Sanders performs a wide variety of plastic and reconstructive procedures in the San Fernando Valley. He draws on his thirty years plus of plastic surgery experience and aesthetic artistry skills to deliver remarkable results.
Dr. Sanders is committed to helping his patients achieve their desired goals through personalized treatment plans and providing the highest care and service for an exceptional experience. If you are ready to look and feel your best, schedule a consultation with Dr. Sanders today by calling (818) 981-3333.