Women who are unhappy with the results that they’ve gotten working with another doctor often turn to Dr. Sanders for breast revision surgery. With this procedure, he can address problems such as:
- Pain and discomfort due to capsular contracture.
- An implant that is out of position and affecting the breast’s appearance.
- Breasts that have begun to droop over time or as the result of weight change.
- Breasts that are asymmetrical.
- Implants that are causing a rippling effect.
Dr. Sanders will spend extensive time talking with you about your concerns and what you want to accomplish with breast revision. Depending on your goals, the surgery may involve removing excess scar tissue, placing new implants, changing the position of the implants, or lifting the breasts to a more youthful position.
Benefits of a Breast Revision
A breast revision allows you to get the best results possible from your augmentation. Changes in your body may be affecting your comfort or aesthetics, or you may simply have different goals than when you first decided to have surgery.
Here are some of the common reasons that San Fernando Valley women choose to have a breast revision:
- They’re experiencing capsular contracture. This post-surgical complication causes the natural scar tissue around the implant to shrink, causing the breast to be tender, painful, or deformed. Breast revision can improve all of these conditions.
- They want breasts that look fuller and more natural. An implant might shift or drop lower in the breast following augmentation surgery. Dr. Sanders can re-secure the implant using a variety of surgical techniques.
- They’d like a younger, perkier appearance. It’s common for the breast’s skin to stretch over time or as a result of weight change during pregnancy. Dr. Sanders can perform a breast lift to give patients a more youthful look.
- They want their breasts to be smoother and more symmetrical. Dr. Sanders can use natural fat transfer to reduce the appearance of rippling along the implant, to give a patient slightly more cleavage, or to balance out the size of two breasts. This technique has the added benefit that patients don’t need to exchange their implants.
Am I a Candidate for Breast Revision?
In general, you’re a good candidate for breast revision if you’ve had an augmentation, aren’t happy with the way you look or feel, and are healthy enough for surgery.
We want you to choose your care based on your personal goals and on accurate information about treatment, not because of the opinions of others or pressure from your medical team. Visit our San Fernando Valley practice for a consultation, and we’ll provide a comprehensive examination, review before and after photos together, and answer any questions you may have.
What Is the Recovery from a Breast Revision Like?
Nearly all of our patients tell us they feel less discomfort than after their original augmentation surgery. You can expect to go home the same day as your procedure following a short stay in our recovery room.
Your experience after breast revision surgery will depend on the techniques that Dr. Sanders uses to achieve your goals. For example, if you have a breast lift, you’ll need about two weeks for your recovery. Dr. Sanders can discuss anticipated healing times after defining your treatment plan.
Most patients also want to know how visible their surgical scars will be. Dr. Sanders is very focused on providing the most natural appearance possible, and so he’ll use a variety of techniques during surgery to limit scarring. Our practice also supports patients with a comprehensive skin care regimen during their recovery, helping reduce the appearance of scars even further.
Pricing for a Breast Revision
The price that San Fernando Valley patients pay for breast revision surgery will depend on whether Dr. Sanders needs to:
- Exchange the breast implants and take out the scar tissue common with capsular contracture.
- Tighten the internal capsule to move the implant back into place (capsulorrhaphy).
- Remove excess tissue and raise the position of the breasts with a lift.
- Transfer natural fat to the breasts.
Visit our practice to learn more about pricing, individual procedures, and the results you can expect in our care.
Breast revision surgery can improve your daily comfort and help you achieve your original aesthetic goals. Contact Dr. Sanders for an appointment in the San Fernando Valley online or by phone at (818) 981-3333.