Women who are unhappy with the results that they’ve gotten working with another doctor often turn to Dr. Sanders for breast revision surgery. With this procedure, he can address problems such as:
- Pain and discomfort due to capsular contracture.
- An implant that is out of position and affecting the breast’s appearance.
- Breasts that have begun to droop over time or as the result of weight change.
- Breasts that are asymmetrical.
- Implants that are causing a rippling effect.
Dr. Sanders will spend extensive time talking with you about your concerns and what you want to accomplish with breast revision. Depending on your goals, the surgery may involve removing excess scar tissue, placing new implants, changing the position of the implants, or lifting the breasts to a more youthful position.
Benefits of a Breast Revision
A breast revision allows you to get the best results possible from your augmentation. Changes in your body may be affecting your comfort or aesthetics, or you may simply have different goals than when you first decided to have surgery.
Here are some of the common reasons that San Fernando Valley women choose to have a breast revision:
- They’re experiencing capsular contracture. This post-surgical complication causes the natural scar tissue around the implant to shrink, causing the breast to be tender, painful, or deformed. Breast revision can improve all of these conditions.
- They want breasts that look fuller and more natural. An implant might shift or drop lower in the breast following augmentation surgery. Dr. Sanders can re-secure the implant using a variety of surgical techniques.
- They’d like a younger, perkier appearance. It’s common for the breast’s skin to stretch over time or as a result of weight change during pregnancy. Dr. Sanders can perform a breast lift to give patients a more youthful look.
- They want their breasts to be smoother and more symmetrical. Dr. Sanders can use natural fat transfer to reduce the appearance of rippling along the implant, to give a patient slightly more cleavage, or to balance out the size of two breasts. This technique has the added benefit that patients don’t need to exchange their implants.
Am I a Candidate for Breast Revision?
In general, you’re a good candidate for breast revision if you’ve had an augmentation, aren’t happy with the way you look or feel, and are healthy enough for surgery.
We want you to choose your care based on your personal goals and on accurate information about treatment, not because of the opinions of others or pressure from your medical team. Visit our San Fernando Valley practice for a consultation, and we’ll provide a comprehensive examination, review before and after photos together, and answer any questions you may have.
What Is the Recovery from a Breast Revision Like?
Nearly all of our patients tell us they feel less discomfort than after their original augmentation surgery. You can expect to go home the same day as your procedure following a short stay in our recovery room.
Your experience after breast revision surgery will depend on the techniques that Dr. Sanders uses to achieve your goals. For example, if you have a breast lift, you’ll need about two weeks for your recovery. Dr. Sanders can discuss anticipated healing times after defining your treatment plan.
Most patients also want to know how visible their surgical scars will be. Dr. Sanders is very focused on providing the most natural appearance possible, and so he’ll use a variety of techniques during surgery to limit scarring. Our practice also supports patients with a comprehensive skin care regimen during their recovery, helping reduce the appearance of scars even further.
Pricing for a Breast Revision
The price that San Fernando Valley patients pay for breast revision surgery will depend on whether Dr. Sanders needs to:
- Exchange the breast implants and take out the scar tissue common with capsular contracture.
- Tighten the internal capsule to move the implant back into place (capsulorrhaphy).
- Remove excess tissue and raise the position of the breasts with a lift.
- Transfer natural fat to the breasts.
Visit our practice to learn more about pricing, individual procedures, and the results you can expect in our care.
Breast Revision Frequently Asked Questions
Breast Revision Frequently Asked Questions
- How Can Breast Revision Fix Breast Asymmetry?
Breast revision is a popular way for San Fernando Valley women to even out the size and shape of their breasts without the use of implants. It’s completely natural for a woman to have asymmetrical breasts, but in some cases, this asymmetry can sometimes cause embarrassment when it’s too noticeable. The exact approach Dr. Sanders will take to even out the breasts of his San Fernando Valley patients all depends on each woman’s specific scenario. For example, in some women, Dr. Sanders may recommend removing some breast tissue from the larger breast to help them be the same size. If droopiness in one breast is an issue, he may perform a breast lift to help reshape tissue in one breast to create a natural-looking match.
- Can Breast Revision Correct My Double-Bubble Deformity?
For San Fernando Valley women who have had breast augmentation, an unfortunate complication can occur called a double-bubble deformity. There are two ways this can happen, the first of which is when the breast implants rise inside the chest, causing skin beneath the implant to look loose and sagging. Second, the breast implants can fall below the chest, getting stuck under the breast crease and creating a bubble beneath the breast. Both are extremely unpleasant conditions, but luckily, breast revision can help treat them both. Dr. Sanders will treat double-bubble deformity in San Fernando Valley women with the use of techniques such as removing the breast implants and replacing them with appropriate-sized alternatives, repairing the breast crease if needed, and tightening the breast tissue to prevent the implants from moving in the future.
- Will Breast Revision Surgery Fix Capsular Contracture?
Capsular contracture is another post-surgical complication that can occur in San Fernando Valley women who have had breast implants. In this condition, the scar tissue surrounding the implant begins to contract, placing pressure on the implant and surrounding breast tissue. This causes deformation, pain, and tenderness. While some San Fernando Valley women may be able to tolerate their symptoms, for others, capsular contracture is a hindrance to their quality of life. To correct this issue, Dr. Sanders will remove the constricting scar tissue and replace the implants. That way, women can maintain the augmented look, but without the accompanying pain and discomfort.
- How Is Recovery From Breast Revision Different From Initial Breast Augmentation?
Luckily, most San Fernando Valley patients agree that having a breast revision is far less uncomfortable than their initial breast augmentation procedure. This is because the muscle has already been stretched. Women may still feel swollen and sore, but the discomfort should not be as bad as when the implants were originally placed. While patients will be able to go home the same day, they should rest and have someone with them for the first couple of days of their recovery. Some San Fernando Valley patients may require a support garment or drainage tube depending on the extent of the surgery, but Dr. Sanders will provide specific discharge instructions if this is the case.
Breast revision surgery can improve your daily comfort and help you achieve your original aesthetic goals. Contact Dr. Sanders for an appointment in the San Fernando Valley online or by phone at (818) 981-3333.