Dr. Sanders is one of the most qualified neck lift surgeons in the Van Nuys area, and he’s gained this accreditation in part because of his dedication to surgical perfection and patient care. Because of this, he is able to provide natural-looking results for every neck lift patient every time.
Benefits of a Neck Lift
The neck lift procedure is used to reduce or eliminate excess skin and fat from the neck area. During the procedure, Dr. Sanders will also tighten the skin of the neck and minimize band lines, creating a beautifully contoured neckline.
Dr. Sanders has been in practice for more than three decades, during which time he has honed his skills and precision in order to effectively customize each neck lift in a way that helps his patients achieve their desired results.
The neck lift procedure offers Van Nuys patients many benefits, including:
- Smoother skin – as Dr. Sanders carefully pulls the neck skin tighter, he is able to minimize lines and wrinkles in that area.
- Removal of excess skin – Sanders can excise excess skin to help improve the appearance and facial profile of the patient.
- Tightening of the neck muscles – some of Dr. Sanders’ patients have loose neck muscles that add to the sagging and drooping appearance of the neck. During a neck lift, he can tighten these to slim the neck more effectively.
- Removal of stubborn pockets of fat – during a neck lift, Dr. Sanders will use liposuction to remove excess fat from the neck area. This simple procedure can work wonders for many patients, and for some, it’s all they need.
- A younger appearance and improved self-esteem – by achieving a younger-looking appearance, Dr. Sanders’ patients experience improved self-esteem, which is often more important than the physical benefits.
- Minimal scarring – all of the incisions made by Dr. Sanders are small and well hidden. This allows patients to have dramatic improvement without telltale scars.
Is a Neck Lift Right for You?
Patients in Van Nuys who are interested in a neck lift with Dr. Sanders should first meet with him one-on-one for an initial consultation. During this appointment, he will determine if a neck lift is right for you. To be considered a good candidate for neck lift surgery, patients must:
- Be in good overall physical health and mental health
- Have realistic expectations for their results
- Have loose and/or sagging skin of the neck and jowl
- Have a double chin or excess fat under the chin
- Have vertical lines, or bands, on the neck
- Not smoke or use tobacco products for the recommended period of time prior to and after your facelift
To find out if you are a good candidate for neck lift surgery, schedule a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Sanders in his Van Nuys area office.
Cost of a Neck Lift
As mentioned above, a neck lift can be as simple as using liposuction to provide the desired results, or it may involve a more extensive approach by using all three procedures to remove extra skin and fat and tighten underlying muscles. Because of this, the cost of neck lift surgery will vary from patient to patient.
When you meet with Dr. Sanders for your consultation, he will provide you with a price estimate that will be based on your needs.
Recovery from a Neck Lift
Neck lift surgery has a relatively quick recovery. To help ensure a safe recovery, follow these post-op instructions:
- Patients may experience mild to moderate discomfort, but this can be alleviated with doctor-prescribed medication.
- Patients will need to be sure they wear the compression surgical bandages provided by Dr. Sanders for 1-2 weeks, as he directs.
- You will experience minor bruising and swelling at the surgical site, which is normal and will subside within 2 weeks.
- Swelling and bruising can be reduced by sleeping with your head elevated.
- Be sure to rest as much as possible for the first 10-14 days following your neck lift surgery.
- Patients can return to normal daily activities within 2 weeks or as directed by Dr. Sanders.
To achieve a younger-looking profile, call Dr. Sanders in his Van Nuys area office at (818) 981-3333 to schedule your initial neck lift consultation.