Every year, numerous patients come to Dr. Sanders in order to undergo facial injectables treatments. While Botox remains the most well-known facial injectable, Dr. Sanders offers a variety of other facial fillers. He is regarded as one of the most experienced Los Angeles facial injectables specialists, and his reputation for excellent, natural-looking aesthetic results attracts patients from the greater Los Angeles area, including San Fernando Valley and Encino. In the paragraphs below, Dr. Sanders provides an overview of facial injectables and fillers he offers, and explains the results that can be achieved through injections of these substances.
Injectables – Not Only for Wrinkles
Video: Voluma Facial Fillers in L.A.
Dr. Sanders talks about Voluma facial fillers which are offered at his practice in Encino and Los Angeles. Contact him today for more information.
Dr. Sanders’ up-to-date education and extensive experience allow him to confidently use a variety of facial injectables for several aesthetic purposes. While most often injectables such as Botox are used to relax wrinkles and smooth fine lines, other types of injectables can be used to add volume to the face, plump up thin lips and rejuvenate old-looking hands. For example, Dr. Sanders administers injections of Radiesse and Restylane in LA to add volume to hollow areas of the face and enhance the contour and/or size of the lips. In addition, he uses injections of Radiesse to achieve a smoother, more youthful hand appearance.
Dr. Sanders’ experience with a variety of injectables allows him to recommend and administer the most suitable substance for each patient. Some of the injectables he uses more often include:
- Botox. Also known as Botulinum Toxin Type A, Botox is a chemical substance that smoothes wrinkles by paralyzing facial muscles. Muscle paralysis stops contractions that create wrinkles. The full effect of Botox is evident within one week after treatment. Because the effect of Botox is temporary, Dr. Sanders recommends that Los Angeles Botox patients undergo periodic injections.
- Juvederm. Juvederm is different form Botox in that this substance acts as a facial filler. Also referred to as a gel implant, Juvederm adds volume to the face and smoothes moderate to severe wrinkles and folds. For most LA Juvederm patients, the rejuvenating effect lasts up to six months as Juvederm is slowly absorbed by the body.
- Voluma. Voluma is a form of Juvederm that is used to instantly add volume to the cheek as well as give a subtle lift to the area Voluma lasts 1 ½ – 2 years, is easily administered, and patients may resume normal activities within 24 hours.
- Restylane. Derived from a natural sugar compound, Restylane is a clear liquid gel that works similarly to Juvederm. Many Los Angeles Restylane patients receive injections of this substance to reduce facial wrinkles, as well as enhance the contours of their lips.
- Radiesse. Radiesse is a biocompatible facial filler, the effects of which can last for up to two years. Dr. Sanders administers Radiesse in Los Angeles / Encino to treat wrinkles and skin folds around the mouth and nose, as well as fill in scars and augment lips. He also uses Radiesse as part of a minimally invasive hand rejuvenation treatment.
To browse a gallery of before-and-after photos of LA Radiesse, Restylane, Botox, Juvederm and ArteFill patients treated by Dr. George Sanders, please click here.
In order to provide his Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane and Botox Los Angeles patients with the finest aesthetic results possible, Dr. Sanders sometimes recommends that they undergo injectables treatments in conjunction with other minimally invasive procedures. Some of the treatments that are used to complement facial injectables include chemical peels and laser skin resurfacing procedures. In addition, at Dr. Sanders’ Encino plastic surgery center, patients can undergo a variety of highly effective surgical facial rejuvenation procedures.
Learn More about Facial Injectables
Dr. Sanders and his staff perform a variety of facial injectable and non-surgical cosmetic treatments at his state-of-the-art medical spa. SILK, A Medical Spa, is an elegant boutique med spa designed with patient comfort and safety in mind. We invite you to learn more about facial injectables by scheduling an appointment with SILK by calling (818) 981-8888. To learn more about the surgical cosmetic procedures Dr. Sanders performs, please contact his private practice by calling (818) 981-3333.